Examination to identify design features, visible defects or imperfections within/on the glass and mechanical damage that might affect performance during use.
Visual quality assessments are performed on a wide range of glass products and, depending on the type of product, assess a variety of different process and product-specific features and includes consideration of design features.
Examples of features that would be identified and may affect glass strength include:
- Bubbles, blisters;
- Stress raising cord;
- Scratches, chips and damage;
- Forming issues, such as splits and checks;
- Component interaction, such as metal-glass contact;
- Strength reducing design features.
We provide visual quality assessment , fitness-for-purpose testing and a range of physical and mechanical tests for a whole range of domestic, flat, container, technical, pharmaceutical and scientific glasswares, including:
- Domestic glassware , including ovenware, casserole dishes, vases, lighting, candle-holders, drinking glasses and decorative items;
- Trade glassware , including pint glasses, branded and promotional glassware;
- Container glass , including bottles, jars and flaconnage - please see container industry standards ;
- Flat glass , including annealed, toughened and laminated glass - please also see our services for architectural glass and glazing ;
- Technical and Scientific glassware , including beakers, condensers, burettes and slides;
- Pharmaceutical glassware , including ampoules, vials, bottles and syringes - please also see our services for the biomedical and pharmaceutical sectors .
This Is The Event Title!
Friday, 8th November 19
Not sure what you need?
Ask us a question.